Join Allsup's Winning Team
We believe our continued success depends on hiring great people. Our team members take pride in joining a dynamic and growing company that reflects Lonnie Allsup's philosophy that the business is all about people. Our success depends on our customers and the employees that serve their needs. We hire the best. If you are looking for a position in a company that provides the opportunity to grow and succeed in the convenience store industry, you have come to the right place.
Allsup's employs over 3,000 employees in 316 stores in New Mexico, Texas, and Oklahoma. We offer a number of employment opportunities ranging from Store Associate through District Manager. We encourage success by providing training and development programs and numerous advancement opportunities. At Allsup's you'll be encouraged to develop the skills you need to achieve your goals.
Download Employment Application
Store Associates assist customers by serving their needs in purchasing our products. The primary job duties of this position are:
- Ringing sales of grocery and fuel purchases through a Point of Sale System.
- Preparing and serving food items.
- Help to maintain cleanliness and appearance of interior and exterior of store.
- Preparing shift reports.
- Stocking and blocking store shelves.
Qualified applicants will be neat and professional in appearance and have excellent customer service skills. They will be accurate when handling money and work as a member of the Allsup's team.
Assist the Store Manager in operating the store in accordance with company rules, policies, procedures and objectives:
- Operates the store in the Store Manager’s absence.
- Assists the Manager:
- In maintaining cash and inventory control.
- Maintenance of facilities and equipment.
- Customer and community relations.
- Completes daily reports and records.
- Assists Store Associates in the performance of their duties.
- Supervise and work shifts as required.
Qualified applicants are motivated team members that excel at setting the standard for good customer service and supporting the operation of their store.
Store Managers, under general supervision of an Area Supervisor, manage daily store operations. These tasks include maintaining profitability, customer service, and supervising store personnel. The Primary job duties of this position include the following:
- Training of store staff on all aspects of daily operations.
- Receive and manage store inventory.
- Perform personnel management functions including hiring, scheduling, performance management and disciplinary actions.
- Responsible for maintaining cleanliness and appearance of store.
- Responsible for prepared food operations.
Qualified applicants will have excellent customer service skills, knowledge of convenience store operations and the ability to lead a team to success.
Area Supervisors manage and supervise the overall operations of six to twelve store locations. They are responsible for providing leadership and direction to Store Managers in all areas that support customer satisfaction, profitability, sales and personnel management. Supervisors report to their District Manager. Primary job duties of this position include:
- Working closely with their District Manager and the Corporate Office to ensure compliance with company policies.
- Supervise directly, or through reporting managers, personnel activity including hiring, training, salary administration, performance management, and disciplinary actions.
- Train and professionally develop Managers and Assistant Managers.
- Supervise and manage inventory control and sales activities to maximize profit in their stores.
Qualified applicants will possess experience in marketing concepts, convenience store operations and personnel management. They should have effective verbal and written communications skills and be able to motivate team members to provide excellent customer service.
District Managers direct and control the operations of approximately 50 stores and report to Allsup’s Convenience Stores’ Director of Operations. They are responsible for managing and overseeing area and store operations to ensure profitability and that successful personnel management practices are followed. The primary Job duties of this position include:
- Review profit and loss statements, make recommendations for improvements and take action to resolve problems.
- Directly supervise the activities of the Area Supervisors assigned to their district.
- Provide guidance, set standards, lead store and management teams and delegate work assignments to reporting personnel.
- Support marketing operations in the areas of fuel and grocery sales.
Qualified applicants will possess knowledge of convenience store operations, personnel management, food service operations, and marketing concepts. Applicants must have effective communications skills and have demonstrated a pattern of success in executive leadership positions in previous employment.